Project Manager – Escanaba, MI
Dept: Civil/Structural Construction
Location: Escanaba, MI
Overview: The Project Manager contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial/ manufacturing customers throughout the planning, budgeting, construction and post-construction project phases. Uses experience and knowledge of construction principles to ensure all goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within CR Meyer’s safety guidelines, as well as all designated quality, schedule and budget requirements. Provides leadership to the project team and works with all other interested parties to ensure ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with heavy industrial/manufacturing customers, as well as the CR Meyer Design Services team, in estimating and executing construction projects.
- Using knowledge of construction principles, prepares and provides bids to customers using approved design specifications.
- Follows-up with customers on bid proposals and executes all paperwork to secure commitment to initiate the project.
- Establishes budgets, timelines and overall goals for construction project execution.
- Takes an active role in the implementation of the CR Meyer Risk Control Plan for all projects, and leads the effort to establish and maintain a safe job site working with the customer, on-site staff, Safety Coordinator, and the whole project team.
- Obtains all permits and ensures that the project is within federal, state and local regulatory requirements at all times.
- Conducts routine site visits for plan implementation, reviewing budget status, determining progress, communicating with the on-site team and ensuring safety/compliance standards.
- Develops the project team to include subcontractors and vendors and schedules and manages their services.
- Ensures that the project has all assigned equipment, tools, supplies and other resources needed to complete the job.
- Prepares POs for all project-related expenses, oversees and approves labor hours, expense sheets, invoicing and is responsible for receivables management.
- Provides periodic updates and regularly communicates with the customer, project team, field staff, subcontractors and all other interested parties to ensure construction projects stay within specifications, schedule and budget through completion.
- Plays an active role in tracking and communicating productivity factors with the site leadership team or site supervision. Documents productivity factors for future reference.
- Learns and uses CR Meyer provided software to prepare all required documents and project management updates.
- Ensures that the proper QA/QC standards and procedures required for the project are implemented and within CR Meyer guidelines.
- Works with the Design Services team on “means and methods” engineering controls.
- At project completion, oversees the preparation of the final project punch list for the customers’ review and ensures that it is properly completed.
- Properly documents completed projects to use as a reference in the future.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Five to ten years of experience in estimating and managing heavy industrial/manufacturing construction projects required, with an emphasis on equipment installation/erection and civil/structural work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects and Primavera required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines including, but not limited to, First/Aid-CPR Certification, OSHA 30 and SafeStart.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to various project sites within the United States required.