Safety Coordinator – Byron, GA
Location: Byron, GA
Overview: Based out of the Byron, GA, office, the Safety Coordinator contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial/manufacturing customers through assisting the construction project management team in all matters pertaining to risk management, health and safety. Responsible for administering the routine distribution of all company Risk Management information, monitoring compliance with CR Meyer policies and procedures and providing expertise and guidance in all related matters.
- Assists the construction project management team in the implementation of the CR Meyer Risk Management program and other health & safety programs as they relate to specific construction projects and job sites.
- Develops an understanding of customer specific health and safety requirements, and ensures that CR Meyer meets those expectations at the construction site.
- Assists with organizing and providing training in safe work practices for project management staff and construction field personnel.
- Assists in the coordination of construction site meetings, leading weekly jobsite “Toolbox Safety Talks” to the extent available to do so.
- Assists in the maintenance of all accident reporting and documentation procedures, including preparation of all reports, notifications to all parties and accident investigation reporting.
- Oversees, coordinates and ensures follow-through on requirements for employee safety training, drug testing, policy sign-offs and other job-specific requirements.
- Conducts routine construction site visits to conduct inspections, identifies unsafe conditions and/or actions, and makes verbal and written recommendations for both immediate and future correction.
- Follows up on recommendations to ensure correction. Assists and participates in disciplinary actions and procedures. The Safety Coordinator has the authority to order a work suspension in situations of imminent danger or serious potential hazards.
- Acts as a resource to all CR Meyer employees and management in development, interpretation and implementation of health & safety processes, policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the construction site remains in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Provides guidance in the purchase of safety and health materials to ensure compliance with all safety standards.
- Maintains professional knowledge of applicable state, and local laws; procedures and standards and health and hygiene-related activities and pursue continuing education with respect to same.
- Represent CR Meyer during any local, state, insurance, or OSHA/MSHA inspections in every applicable jobsite situation.
- Assist in the coordination of the deployment of emergency care systems, such as first aid, medical, fire protection, evacuation, and fire alarms as well as on-site construction security procedures.
- Establish and maintain all applicable jobsite notices and signs where applicable.
- Assist in the periodic evaluation of the effectiveness of all Safety, Health, & Risk Control Programs and make appropriate recommendations to management.
- Leads by example by wearing all assigned PPE and observing CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Three to five years experience in health & safety in the construction industry required.
- Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety required.
- A combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurable driving history and ability to operate a motor vehicle following all traffic laws and safe, courteous driving habits.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
- Ability to travel to various project sites within the United States required.