Technician (Small Tools) – Oshkosh, WI
Dept: Equipment Yard
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Overview: The Small Tools Technician contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its customers by ensuring that all small power tools are maintained in a safe, reliable manner for use on various construction sites. Responsible for performing preventative maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs as needed on the following: nailers, grinders, drills, saws, sanders, routers, port-a-bands, sawzalls, distribution panels, rod heaters, heat guns, heaters, fans, pumps, vacuums, etc.
- Retrieves tools from the receiving area and checks for service tags to assess what repairs are needed.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on tools following manufacturer’s recommendations. Replaces brushes, grinder wheels, blades, tool handles, batteries, etc.
- Performs diagnostic and trouble shooting on tools, primarily focused on electrical and mechanical components. Performs the majority of repairs in the CR Meyer small tools shop.
- Coordinates with manufacturer for any repairs that need to be made under warranty.
- Determines parts needs for repairs and orders parts as needed.
- Uses computerized inventory system to identify tools and determine location.
- Utilizes resources such as repair manuals, schematics and manufacturer’s tech support to get technical advice.
- Maintains a minimal stock of common parts needed for each piece of equipment – i.e. batteries, belts, blades, filters, bags, cords, etc.
- Marks tools with service dates and returns them to the shipping area.
- Gives priority to tools that are needed to supply a job order.
- May assist in other areas of equipment as technically able to assist.
- Works with the front office on maintaining small tools inventory records.
- Works with the Yard Manager on determining when tools should be taken out of service, scrapped and replaced.
- Moves equipment around the warehouse and lot as needed.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to customer service demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Three to five years technical experience in a related field.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program required.
- Ability to provide own tools, as needed.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.