Truck Driver (Local/CDL) – Oshkosh, WI
Dept: Equipment Yard
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Overview: The Truck Driver contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its customers by transporting heavy equipment and other materials to and from the Equipment Yard. Responsible for safely operating all company vehicles and equipment, properly securing loads and observing all traffic laws.
- Operates company truck and trailer on a daily basis, transporting equipment, tools and supplies between construction sites and the equipment yard.
- Operates heavy equipment to properly load and unload and prepare equipment for transport.
- Assures loads are secure and operates vehicle in a safe manner, observing all traffic laws and remembering the importance of public safety.
- Completes daily inspections, completing any minor repairs immediately and communicating other repair needs to the Yard Manager. Ensures repairs are done in a timely manner, following up on requests if needed.
- Ensures that routine preventative maintenance is completed as outlined in the owner’ manual.
- Completes driver logs, inspection forms, trip sheets and other paperwork as required.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act (FMSCA) and ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Moves equipment around the warehouse and lot as needed.
- Operates a forklift, material handling equipment and other power tools in a safe manner.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to customer service demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiarity with heavy equipment operation preferred.
- Current CDL license and Driver Physical card required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurable driving history and ability to operate a motor vehicle following all traffic laws and safe, courteous driving habits.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.